background

find

Friday, January 3, 2014

DIY: Friendship Mugs

Oh my goodness, it is 2014!! 

For the New Year I traded in some Southwest miles and flew to Texas to ring in 2014 with my loves Emmy and Meagan. We had the best time shopping, chatting, reality tv-ing, facial-ing, massaging and basically everything else GIRL! 

It only took about 20 minutes of us all being together to decide to have Christmas and exchange our gifts! All three of us are currently obsessing over hot tea and anything 'cozy' (think blankets, fires, hot chocolate, fuzzy socks, sweaters, etc.) 

To go along with our current life theme - I bought each girl a cozy wrap style sweater while boutique shopping over Christmas as well as an assortment of hot teas. I also decided to try my hand at creating the friendship distance mugs I have seen all over Pinterest and Etsy. 



They were surprisingly easy to whip out! I purchased the mugs from Wal-Mart and then traced the state outlines on to the mug. I then free-handed the heart and squiggly line. Lastly, because it's us, I added a gold initial and some decorative swirls on the mug handle. Total this entire project took me about 20 minutes for both. Once you finish your artwork, you will want to bake them in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes, in order to let the sharpie and paint pen set. (Confession: I didn't actually bake mine, I didn't realize you were supposed to do this until talking to the girls...obviously I was trying to recreate something I had seen without actually reading the directions!) 

I was very pleased with how these turned out and think they would make a great housewarming gift or a small token for a hostess. Especially filled with an assortment of teas or hot cocoa, a girl would be crazy not to love this!

Texas <3 Missouri


No comments:

Post a Comment