background

find

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Mrs: December Goals





It’s officially the most wonderful time of the year!  As I write this, it’s 42 degrees outside with rain falling, Christmas music from the Ella Fitzgerald Holiday Station playing, puppies are playing tug with their Santa Sock Monkey, Coach is napping, tree is up and lit and my heart is just so full!  We began the Advent season at church and I was reminded that God is good & God is faithful.  His words to Jeremiah resonate deep in my heart



“Thus says the Lord: If I have not established a covenant with day and night and the fixed order of heaven and earth, then I will reject the offspring of Jacob and David my servant and will not choose one of his offspring of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  For I will restore their fortunes and will have mercy on them.” Jeremiah 33:25-26


As long as the fixed order of the heavens and the earth are continuing the Lord will fulfill His promises to us.   As Tim said, as long as the sun rises and the sun sets He will remain faithful.  What hope we have in the Lord.  This is a season of hope, expectancy and celebration in our Lord coming to Earth.  It just makes my heart sing. 

Before I look forward to December a quick check in of November goals.

run the Zoo Stampede 5K
read 3 books 
(Silent in the Graves, Persuasion, the Silkworm)
continue Christmas shopping
only have two more gifts left to purchase! 
clean make-up brushes
finish family room projects
this is 90% finished.  we still have to create the scrabble letters for the wall but it rained nearly all Thanksgiving break & CH couldn’t cut the pieces for me
organize teacher table materials
Operation Christmas Child box



December Goals

finish & send Christmas Cards
family photo session
cookie decorating with three special littles
clean out closet/organize closet
finish year in review family album
Angle Tree gifts
clean blinds in the house
continue family tradition of Christmas play on opening night
bake bread for our neighbors

plan family focus for 2016 with Coach
clean out kitchen junk drawers




No comments:

Post a Comment