background

find

Friday, December 18, 2015

Christmas Simmer Mason Jars



I work with some of the most fabulous people!  My hallway houses three kindergarten classes {myself included}, three first grade classes and our fabulous K-2 Interventionist.  When I began brainstorming ideas of what to do for Christmas gifts my mind kept coming back to something that would be aesthetically pleasing as well as functional.  I decided to make “Christmas Simmer” in mason jars to pass out to these sweet people I spend the majority of my time with.



You will need:
Quart sized mason jars
Navel oranges or clementines
Fresh cranberries
2-3 cinnamon sticks per simmer
Whole Cloves
Nutmeg
Small bag to hold spices

tip: order your whole cloves off of Amazon, they will be much cheaper than the grocery store variety.


Add 1/2-cup cranberries into the bottom of the mason jar.  Pop one citrus fruit in the jar and add 2-3 cinnamon sticks.  In a small bag or wrapper add one-tablespoon whole cloves and 1/8-teaspoon nutmeg.  Seal the bag and drop into the jar.  Screw on the lid of the jar and attach the printable.








The gifts were easy to assemble and filled the house with the smell of Christmas.


You can grab my printable here.  {I printed two per slide for a smaller tag}

No comments:

Post a Comment