background

find

Monday, January 4, 2016

Check In...







First Monday of 2016 has me back to reality.  After two really beautiful weeks of rest, personal space, yoga pants and copious amounts of good books I headed back to the world of adulthood.  While the littles did not join me today, I had a jam packed day of professional development, meetings on top of meetings and a long overdue date with the copy machine.  Now that the break is over here is a quick check-in with what is current in my life…

Wearing: With winter upon us here in Texas I will be donning my favorite pair of black tights, warm dresses, my new Tieks & new favorite coat.  Today was surprisingly a jean day at work and I was over the moon.  Thanks Principal!

Feeling: Overwhelmed.  The spring semester is jam packed y’all and as we put dates into our calendars today during a faculty meeting I wanted to sit down and just cry.  Reminding myself to cast my worries upon the Lord. 

Laughing At: Coach Husband’s chipmunk cheeks as he stuffs Peanut Butter M&Ms in an attempt to be sneaky. 

Drinking: My Plexus Pink Drink mixed with sparkling lime water & a plethora of strawberry-infused water.  Being back at school also means back on schedule with plenty of water intake.




Eating: All the freezer meals I prepared over Christmas Break!  It was so nice to come home tonight and simply pop a baked ziti in the oven.  Currently waiting on it to warm through and wham-bam we will be ready to eat.





Planning To: Continuing working on establishing a nighttime routine. Currently it looks like cleaning the kitchen, bath, face wash, hot cup of sleepytime tea, reading for 20 minutes. 

Listening To: The newest episode of the Serial podcast.  I’m not as into this season as I was last season but it is still enthralling.




Needing: To remember to hold myself to a standard of grace, not one of perfection.  Grateful for a sweet friend who hand-lettered this for me.  It will be framed and sit on my bathroom vanity soon




Looking to Tackle: My desk drawers at work!  After the kitchen junk drawer clean-out I did over break I am itching to do the same with my desk at work. 


Loving: My new Tieks from Coach Husband.  I put these puppies on my Christmas list as an “I hope so” present and he came through big time.  They are the most comfortable flats. 


Excited About: Our bathroom remodel!  We made more progress last weekend than I thought we would.  The general contractor {a.k.a. my daddy} should be back this weekend to lay tile in the new walk in shower!!

Wanting: A Braum’s chocolate milkshake. 

Buying: The novel, Girl Meets Class & a new recipe box



Laughing At: Coach Husband’s chipmunk cheeks as he stuffs Peanut Butter M&Ms in an attempt to be sneaky. 



Saying Good-Bye To: saying “yes” when I really want to say “no”.  I have a problem with being a people pleaser.  In an effort to make sure people like me I tend to say “yes” to things that I really have no desire to participate in.  I’m saying good-bye to saying “yes” this semester unless it’s something I empathically want to be apart of!


Till next time y'all,


No comments:

Post a Comment